The purpose of the Livingston Academy STEM Program is to meet the educational and professional development needs of a diverse community of STEM learners with cutting-edge and engaging experiences in flexible learning spaces.
- Enhancing the skill set of Livingston Academy students, which prepare them for well-paying careers in STEM-based industries through curricular and extra-curricular learning opportunities.
- Providing leading-edge outreach programming to the diverse community of STEM learners.· Engaging underrepresented groups in STEM through hands-on learning and problem solving.
- Engaging 9-12 teachers with innovative professional development workshops focused on active-collaborative learning, problem-based learning and course-based research experiences.
- Extending STEM to a broader population of students by including the disciplines of information technology, agriculture, aviation, engineering and computer, management sciences and health care.
- Both formative and summative assessment data will be collected, analyzed, and used to monitor student expectation.